Monday 23 July 2012

Alternate Smokey Eye - Green/Teal/Purple

So, for something different I thought I'd do a tutorial of sorts. I saw this look whilst flicking through a magazine and wanted to re-create it. So...here goes (be nice!)






I started with MAC Painterly Paint Pot all over the lid, to the brow. This is about the only thing that will stop my shadow creasing! I then went in and very messily applied MAC Undercurrent over my lid and into my crease a little, then blended with a 217. This liner is amazing - it's a blue teal shot through with gold sparkle and it blends like a friggin' dream. I then took a cotton bud with some eye makeup remover and sharpened the top line. Basically I wanted the colour on the inner part of the eye to almost touch the brow, and then slope it down towards my outer corner.



I then took MAC Grand Galaxy Extra Dimension eyeshadow (rich shimmering purple) and applied that to the inner eye, above the crease, and tapered it towards the end of the line on my outer eye, so it goes from thick to thin.



I then took MAC Lucky Green (frosted chartruese) and applied it to the inner lid to about half way over, and on my outer lid I applied MAC Jealousy Wakes (vibrant emerald green with teal and gold).


I then decided that the very inner part of my lid wasn't light enough, so I went in with MAC Sun Blonde to lighten it a little.


I then took Undercurrent on the lower lash line and blended with a pencil brush.  Just like the top lid I added Lucky Green and Jealousy Wakes.

I also decided to highlight my tear duct, so opted for Hii-yah from the The Balm Muppets Palette. I also used that on my brow bone. To finish my eyes I used Benefit Bad Gal mascara with a touch of Illamasqua Volume mascara in Lewd on the bottom lashes.





OK, so it's not quite as perfect as the magazine pic, but I quite like it!

And...some really bad pics taken with my iPad...






For the rest of the face I used Chanel Mat Lumiere in 10, MAC Skinsheen Bronzer Stick in Tan Tint, Illamasqua Powder Blush in Tremble, MAC Light Year Mineralize Skinfinish and MAC Growing Trend Lipstick.

*And yes, I'm well aware I have a massive nose...it runs in the family :(

No comments:

Post a Comment