Tuesday 17 April 2012

Nails Inc Magnetic Fishnet Polishes - Soho, Spitalfields and Piccadilly

Evening! Today I have the three new "fishnet" magnetic polishes from Nails Inc to show you. Yay!








Firstly, I wish you could buy the magnets seperately. I really do. When you've already collected a number of magnetic polishes, you really don't need a third grey. Secondly, whilst the design is pretty, it can also be a real pain, especially if your like me and you have long, wide, curved nails. The sides of my nails get left blank with no pattern because the magnet is too slim for my nails. Only the centre's get covered. I suppose it isn't too much of a problem really, it just irks me a little haha. You can't even move the magnet to get the sides of the nail because once you do the whole design warpes and looks like a hot mess. I was quite excited about these but now I feel a bit "meh". I wish the magnet was longer and thicker so my entire nail was covered, and I wish Nails Inc would have come out with a better polish than just another grey. These polishes are also fairly sheer (with the exception of Spitalfields) so I'd recommend popping a coat of polish on, letting it dry and then applying a second coat for the magnetic effect. Anyways...




Soho is a metallic darkened silver/medium grey. I haven't yet dug out my other Nails Inc magnetics to compare this to the original silver/grey.





Spitalfields is a metallic vibrant emerald green. This is actually really gorgeous colour! Definitely brighter than other magnetic greens I've seen.




Piccadilly is a metallic mustard. It has a green/gold base with gold glitter running through, so overall it looks like a real 70's mustard kind of colour. This has to be the most unique magnetic polish I've seen!


6 comments:

  1. I really like the green one but I would have the same problem with the magnet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so annoying! The design itself is great but it kind of ruins it when it's only the centre of your nail it shows up on :(

      If you like the green enough you could always get it and use another magnet with it! I suppose that half defeats the purpose of these polishes though :P

      Delete
  2. How long to do you hold the magnet over the nail I bought Piccadilly and find the pattern doesn't show up as much I would like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With magnetic polishes I usually apply a coat of the colour without using the magnet. Wait for that to dry, then go ahead with your second coat, doing it one finger at a time and holding the magnet over the nail for about 10 seconds. If the polish even begins to dry a little the magnetic effect won't be as strong. It's a pain in the bum as you have to work quickly while the polish is wet!

      Delete
  3. I cannot get the design to show, I am putting one coat of it on leaving it to dry, then putting a thick coat on and using magnet. I am getting a weird design but nothing like the fishnet one Im supposed to be getting ? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my experience the fishnet magnet is one of the worst out there, especially if you have long or curved nails. Try using a thinner coat on top and make sure you're pressing the raised ridge bit (terrible description!) onto the cuticle. I have a habit of touching my nail with the magnet, so it's easier if you have your hand at eye level when using the magnet. Also, only do it one nail at a time. Leave it for about 15 seconds before removing. It could just be the magnet of course!

      Delete